Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Craft: Eco-friendly, All Natural Beauty Products

So, originally we were asked to do 60 minutes of crafting on Tuesday,  but playing catch-up with the Atwill/Hauser notes is pretty intense (as well as the many other things occupying my life) so I didn't exactly have time to "craft" per se. However, I try to craft on a regular basis none the less. Normally I would probably choose cooking as my craft, but I cook so much with such variety that I felt I needed to stray from my normal path. I  have always had a love for the "natural" and have always been inspired to use things around me that are already present..."Why waste when you can reuse ?" "Why buy when there's so much resource to create ?" which is why I choose crafting natural beauty products as my focus for the upcoming "craft showcase". My main inspirations come from a woman by the name of Janice Cox who wrote a book called Natural Beauty Home, as well as EcoBeauty. Her books include a variety of recipes for hair, skin, body, and mind, as well as practical cleaning products for the house. Her recipes will the be the basis for my craft, but since I have my own  individual varieties of scents, colors, herbs, and etc I will be putting my own spin on some of my favorite recipes. Aside from basic beauty potions, I will also continue crafting my own soap, and possibly candles if I get the time. All the soap I make will be hypo-allergenic, and natural so everyone can use it. AND YES, that means samples for everyone. I would like to have the time to create unique packaging and labels for my potions, as well as experiment with Cold Press and Hot Press soaps (one involves just a basic melt and pour technique, and the other mixing animal fat, and lye with other things).....Overall, Im excited to see where this will go !...Updates and pics coming soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment